In January 2022, Talking Creative and The Voiceover Social hosted a workshop: “How to Direct and Be Directed”.
A live event with an audience of voice actors, directors and producers.
This is the podcast from that workshop – part 1 anyway!
And the title says it all – it was
The original event was a panel discussion with audience Q&A about voice directing and how to get the best out of your voice actors, followed by a live directing session and breakout rooms.
This is the panel discussion – with added commentary from me, post event.
In this 50 minute episode we cover all kinds of practical stuff, including:
- How pre-planning makes the recording session run more smoothly
- Why music is such a brilliant addition
- How space can be your friend
- Active listening and how to layer a performance
- Finding alternatives to line reads
So if you’ve ever shied away from directing or thought – well what can I bring to the party, this is the episode for you.